The Leadership Coaching Committee is a network of trained SWE leaders available to advise sections on best practices in a wide range of topics. LCC’s role will be even more important in the next fiscal year: with the dissolution of regions, the LCC will be the the main point of contact on SWE development resources.
How does leadership coaching occur?
LCC coaches can meet with section leadership either virtually, or in person—FREE of charge. A significant amount of content can may be accessed by SWE members 24/7 through the SWE Advance Learning Center webinars. Check out the following video for instructions on how to access the center:
What types of training modules are available?
The LCC provides three types of modules: Joint (topics relevant to both collegiate and professional sections), Collegiate, and Professional .
What are a few examples of modules?
- “Hitting the Ground Running” for collegiate members entering the workforce
- “SWE Succession and Career Planning” for professionals
- “Building Membership” for both professional and collegiate sections.
Read more details about these and other modules on the LCC Blog.
How do consultations work?
Sections identify topics of need of improvement and LCC coaches help brainstorm or provide examples of what has worked in other sections.
Who do I contact to set up an LCC presentation at my section?
1. Email the LCC Region A Team Lead at LCC_Region_A@swe.org. The LCC Blog has a full list of contacts at the society level.
2. Fill out the LCC coaching request form available here or by copy-pasting the following address: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SBNe8Nb_UMC4x9D25bNluUCcrNegvhuRSvNiaavw1w4/viewform?usp=send_form