Join us on Saturday, April 21, 2018 to celebrate Region A and its members. We will hold our last Region A Leadership Summit, and the Region Celebration to end the tenure of Regions with a party! We look forward to seeing you at one or both events. Everyone is welcome!
The theme for the FY18 SWE Region A Leadership Summit is Finding Your Place in Engineering. This event will be focused on how to find your passion and how to continually pursue it in a male-dominated field. It will take place at Santa Clara University. The target audience is professional members with 0-15 years of experience and collegiate members of all ages. All professional and collegiate members are welcome to attend!
Leadership modules will be presented by professional and collegiate focused Leadership Coaching Committee coaches. The summit is limited to 50 attendees, we will open a waitlist when tickets sell out.
Fellow and former Region A SWE members & guests are invited to the gala dinner event. Enjoy connecting or re-connecting with members from all over Region A as we look back over the last 30+ years as a region and look forward to the future of SWE. The Celebration is limited to 150 attendees.
Thanks to the generosity of Microsoft, we will have the Celebration at their Sunnyvale, California campus, just a short distance up the road from where our Leadership Summit will be held earlier in the day.
REGISTRATION & DETAILS
Attire: The Summit is business casual. The Celebration is cocktail attire.
Cost: The Summit is FREE (lunch included). The Region Celebration Early Bird pricing is valid until March 25, 2018:
- $20 Region A Collegiate/Retired/Unemployed Members
- $30 Region A Professional Members
- $40 Members Outside of Region A/Non-Members
9:00 am – Summit’s Doors Open
9:30 am – Summit’s Registration, Opening Activities, and Welcome
10:00 am – SWE’s Leadership Competency Model
10:45 am – Workshop Session 1 (Career Planning or Creative Problem Solving)
12:00-12:45pm – Lunch
12:45 pm – Panel Discussion on Career Choices
1:30 pm – Workshop Session 2 (Building Teams or Mentorship)
2:45 pm – Networking Time (Optional)
3:15 pm – Summit’s Close
5:30pm – Region Celebration Begins! – Cocktail Attire
- Hosted Bar (Beer and Wine) & Appetizers
- Buffet Dinner & Dessert
- Celebration & Recognition Program
- And, of course, Dancing!
10:00 pm – Region Celebration’s Close
- Summit: Santa Clara University, 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053
- Celebration: Microsoft, 1020 Enterprise Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Advanced Ticket Purchase Required for Both Events:
Ticket sales will close on April 10th at 11:59pm PDT. Please note that Microsoft requires everyone to wear a badge while on site.
- Summit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fy-18-region-a-leadership-summit-tickets-4226433576
- Celebration: https://swe-regiona-celebration.eventbrite.com
Organizer Contact Info:
- Summit: Lindsay Kammeier, Region A Leadership Coaching Committee Team Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Celebration: Sandra Mandawe Paglieroni, Region A Lt. Governor at email@example.com